National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell’s Three-Point Stance is here ranking the quarterbacks in the SEC, examining the top tight ends from the Group of Five ranks and listing the biggest commitments at each position in the 2021 class.
LB: Terrence Lewis, Tennessee — Lewis is one of the most talented linebackers in the country and hailing from Florida he’s a massive get for the Vols.
DB: Jakalin Johnson, Ohio State — Ohio State again? Yep. No one is recruiting like the Buckeyes and every player on here is an out-of-state grab.
2. RANKING THE TOP QUARTERBACKS IN THE SEC
Here is how I rank the starting signal callers in the SEC.
1. Kyle Trask, Florida— I had Jamie Newman and even Kellen Mond ahead of Trask a few months ago but, after watching Trask from last season again, I’ve become more and more impressed with how he handled himself..
2. Jamie Newman, Georgia — Newman could put up monster numbers at Georgia and is a true dual threat with excellent size. Can he handle the SEC? That’s the question.
3. K.J. Costello, Mississippi State— Costello is another unknown as he steps into SEC competition, but he did well in the Pac-12. With Mike Leach he should put up big numbers.
4. Kellen Mond, Texas A&M— Mond has been very up and down at Texas A&M and I had him at No. 2 in the SEC at one point, but the more I think about it, the more of a wildcard he is.
5. Mac Jones, Alabama — I still think Bryce Young plays a huge role for Alabama this season, but I do like Jones as a steady quarterback who takes advantage of some amazing weapons.
6. John Rhys Plumlee, Ole Miss — There is a drop off here. Plumlee starts the second tier in the SEC. He can run and make plays.
7. Bo Nix, Auburn— Nix had a very good freshman season and has five-star ability, so he should take the next step this season.
8. Terry Wilson, Kentucky— Wilson is coming off an injury, but if he’s 100 percent he can be dynamic.
9. Feleipe Franks, Arkansas— Franks has a ton of arm talent but didn’t put it together at Florida and it will be harder at Arkansas. But he has a high ceiling.
10. Ryan Hilinski, South Carolina— Hilinski has impressive upside and has shown flashes, but he needs to be more consistent. He will have more weapons this year however.
11. Myles Brennan, LSU— Brennan is an unknown, but with the talent around him at LSU you have to think he’ll be fine.