football Edit

Will Vinson decide Monday

Word had surfaced late last week that four-star athlete Brent Vinson may suddenly finish up his recruiting and make a decision perhaps as soon as Monday after an official visit this weekend to Charlottesville. Rivals caught up with the 6-foot-2, 180-pounder with 4.39-second speed to find out how his trip to Virginia went and if he is still making a decision soon.
"I actually wasn't able to make the visit to Virginia this weekend because some tough family stuff came up and my mom wasn't able to drive me up there," he said. "I haven't been able to do it yet, but I've got to call Virginia's coaches back to res-chedule a visit probably for sometime in January. I really don't know when I'm looking at an official with them right now."
Was there any truth to the rumor that the Rivals250 prospect wanted to commit on Monday?
"I was planning to probably do it and get it over with, but my mom and coach wanted me to wait and so I guess I'll probably take more visits," he said. "I'd say right now I have no real leaders at this point, but I am still looking at Tennessee, Virginia and Virginia Tech."
Vinson couldn't confirm if he plans to also take an official to Blacksburg in January.