USC pledge discusses Colorado trip

BuffStampede.com: Tough decision ahead for Cope-Fitzpatrick
Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick had a solid visit to Colorado this weekend which means the USC commit has a lot of thinking to do before reaching his final decision.
The four-star tight end from Rocklin (Calif.) Whitney has been committed to the Trojans since June but sounds like someone who will seriously consider Colorado - along with Oregon and UCLA - as his recruitment nears its end.

Article Continues Below
"Colorado is definitely in more consideration after the trip," Cope-Fitzpatrick said.
"I visited Colorado unofficially in the summer but on this trip I got to spend more time with the coaches and I got to see snow on the ground. Connor Wood was my player host and he talked to me about what it has been like for him at Colorado since he transferred there."
Something else that really stood out to Cope-Fitzpatrick, a 6-foot-5, 250-pound prospect, during his visit was the time he spent with coach Jon Embree.
The messages delivered by Embree and his staff resonated with the four-star who has his last visit to USC set for next weekend. He has already taken trips to UCLA and Oregon, where his Rocklin Whitney teammate Jake Rodrigues is headed.
"I have really enjoyed all my trips, they were really informational," Cope-Fitzpatrick said. "This one (to Colorado), though, I just got to spend more personal time with the head coach. The conversations that I had with Jon Embree were definitely the highlights of my trip.
"We really talked about my plans if I go to Colorado, really breaking it down. They really want to develop me into a better, all-around player and prepare me for a successful career in the NFL."
Cope-Fitzpatrick, who shined in the recent Under Armour game, plans to take his visit to USC and then make his final decision the following week. He's not expected to wait until signing day to finalize things.
"I have one last visit to USC next weekend and probably after that I should know what my decision is," he said. "I am just weighing through my options and see how that goes. I'd like to make a final decision before signing day, probably right after my USC trip."