TE Waiting On Second Offer

This talented tight end has an offer from an in-state power, but he's waiting on offer number two before he commits. How long will he wait?
"I'm thinking about committing, but I still want to see if Virginia is going to offer," said 6-foot-5, 250-pound tight end Duane Brown from Richmond (Va.) Hermitage. "Virginia Tech has offered and I really like it there. They've shown the most interest, but Virginia said I had a very good camp there and they might offer soon. They said I should hear by August so I want to see what happens."
Brown also said that Maryland, North Carolina and Wake Forest seem close to offering, but he would prefer to stay in state.
"I don't want to go too far away," he said. "I know people at both Virginia Tech and Virginia and I want to be close enough to home so I can get back when I want to."
So since he's waiting on UVA, does that mean he favors the Cavaliers?
"No," he said. "I'd like to just have the option of choosing either so I can talk things over with my family and decide. If UVA doesn't offer, I'll be a Hokie most likely."