football

Stevens now to wait until Signing Day

Hamanistevens0712na2200
Hemet (Calif.) offensive lineman Hamani Stevens was expected to announce his college choice this Friday from among Oregon and BYU. Now one of those schools has been dropped, another has been added and this will now be a Signing Day decision.
Stevens has delayed his decision multiple times now and will take this thing all the way to the end. His original plan was to announce at the SoCal Bowl last Saturday. Then he was going to get it done this past Wednesday and the latest was he had a 12:30 time set for this coming Friday.
"I'm going to wait until Signing Day," Stevens said. "It's between Oregon and UCLA and I'm going to take an unofficial visit to UCLA this Saturday. I really like the coaches a lot and I'm looking forward to coming up to the campus and checking things out.
"BYU offered my brother Tevita, who's on his mission right now, but I like the Pac 10 schools and I want to stay closer to home so it's Oregon or UCLA and right now, it's too close to call. I should have a better idea of what I'm doing next week and then by Signing Day, I'll be ready to get this over with."
Edit