Ron Robinson's summer schedule has not allowed him to take an unofficial visit to Northwestern so the Corona (Calif.) Santiago defensive back does not want to make a commitment this soon.
UCLA and Northwestern are the two frontrunners for Robinson, who shined at the Bruins' summer camp, but until he can take a trip to the Midwest no decision is expected.
That means Robinson, a 6-foot-2, 190-pound prospect, will look to schedule an official visit to Northwestern this fall and he could also take an official to UCLA before a commitment is made.
Article Continues Below
The Corona Santiago standout has not taken an in-depth tour of UCLA, either, so a more extensive trip there should also happen soon.
"I'm probably going to have to wait to take an official visit to Northwestern," Robinson said.
"I want to visit Northwestern before I make a decision. It's basically down to those two schools and then I should be ready to make a decision."
UCLA has been patient with Robinson, who said the Bruins' coaching staff has not been pressuring him to make a commitment.
It's really down to UCLA and Northwestern but until Robinson can schedule some trips, no pledge is expected.
"They haven't been pressing me at all," Robinson said of UCLA. "They're still recruiting me and all that good stuff and selling the program but they haven't been pressing me.
"It's important because I want to explore before I make my decision. I don't want to make my decision on something I don't know about. I haven't taken an unofficial or an official to UCLA, either. I've only been there for the camp."