football

Robertson could move up decision

Zach robertson 140622 2
Zach Robertson is working on some unofficial visits before the summer is finished and he's also hoping to move up his decision timetable because a bunch of his favorites are filling up fast.
The Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco four-star offensive lineman said last weekend at the Huntington Beach 7on7 that he's looking to take two trips soon and then he's working with a powerhouse in the SEC on an official visit.
"I'm trying to get an unofficial visit to Arizona State with some of my teammates," Robertson said. "We're trying to take an unofficial out there and possibly another unofficial to Washington.
"Other than that I've been talking to coach (Jeff) Grimes at LSU about an official visit. I have to give him my schedule and we're going to work something out. Everything else has slowed down getting back into the season."
The 6-foot-5, 308-pound four-star prospect is considering other official visits - possibly to Oklahoma and Notre Dame - but he's still not sure of his schedule. If he cannot take an unofficial to Washington this summer, Robertson said he would seriously consider an official trip there.
Then there is the matter of the local schools - UCLA and USC. The Bruins are clearly one of his favorites and he's considering moving up his decision timetable if he wants to play at UCLA. That school has loaded up with offensive linemen this summer and he's worried spots might be tight.
With USC, the St. John Bosco standout said he still talks with assistant coaches Tim Drevno and Johnny Nansen and that the Trojans remain one of the favorites. It seems like there is more of a focus on UCLA, though, especially with limited numbers.
"I'm hearing a lot from UCLA and a lot from USC also," Robertson said. "Rght now UCLA is definitely a numbers game because Fred Ulu-Perry and Andre James committed. That's definitely getting down to the numbers. I might have to come up with a decision real soon.
"It definitely affects my timetable. They're in my top three and spots are closing up. I have to make a decision quickly. I think I might commit before the season but I have to talk to the coaches to see if I could still take my officials."
Edit