Rivals100 QB Hanson picks up first two scholies

Rivals100 to watch quarterback Braden Hanson out of Charlotte (N.C.) Latin has finally picked up an offer. In fact, the 6-foot-6, 200-pounder picked up two scholarships in the past week.
"Just over a week ago I went to North Carolina and they gave me a verbal," he said. "Then I got the official offer this week. Soon after that, Wisconsin told me that they were offering over a text message.
"The North Carolina offer is good, it's my first and feels great because they have been high on me for a while and the coaches finally were ready to make me an offer when I came down to see them. I met with coach Davis and he told me that he'd like to offer me. We then had a relaxed conversation and were very honest with each other. He talked about the opportunities at North Carolina and what's great about the university. Then he touched on the fact that quarterbacks can get the recruiting class started. After all that, I watched their practice and had a lot of fun.
"It was my first practice I've watched there. I enjoyed it and the trip allowed me to build a better relationship with the coaches. I'd say North Carolina was always high on my list, but now the offer solidifies them and they'll definitely be up there."
Soon after Hanson added the offer from Wisconsin and touched on the Badgers scholarship.
"Wisconsin hasn't been in contact that long, but it shows a lot that they like my tape that much they were willing to offer," he said. "I think they finished the year last season fifth in the country and have a very productive offense with John Stocco. I also hear Madison is a really fun place to play and a great college town. I definitely want to check them out in the next few weeks."
Besides a trip to Wisconsin, Hanson plans to make his way to Alabama and Georgia this weekend followed by a trip for North Carolina's spring game on April 14th.
Does Hanson have a timeline for a decision?
"I definitely understand that schools want an answer as quick as possible," he said. "For me, I'm going to wait until all my options are in front of me whether that is a week or two months. Once I have a list of a few schools, I can make a decision."