Petite planning one more USC trip

Tyler Petite is planning to take another unofficial visit to USC in early June and by the end of that month he could be ready to make his decision.
USC assistant coaches Clay Helton and Marques Tuiasosopo were at the Moraga (Calif.) Campolindo spring practice on Thursday, another good sign for the Trojans as Petite inches closer to a decision.
"I'm definitely going to take another visit to SC," Petite said. "Coach Helton and coach Tui came out (Thursday) to watch spring practice. I definitely want to get back to campus and see the guys.
"The Northwestern visit looks like it could happen. I think it's really going to depend on how my visit goes to USC. They're in my top choices and if that feels right and how my family feels and if I can make a decision then I will.
"If I don't feel comfortable I'll take that visit. The plan right now is to have a decision by the end of June. I think that can definitely happen. I've been talking to my family these last few weeks since I got back from Duke. I think it could happen sometime before the end of June."
Petite's purpose for getting back to USC is to spend time with some current players. He loves the campus and the coaches but needs to see if he jells with the team before making any further decisions.
"I wanted to go down and talk to some of the players and hang out with them but they don't get back until the end of May or early June," Petite said. "That's probably when I'll go out.
"I think that would probably be it. I've really seen everywhere that has interested me. I really liked Duke a lot. I don't know if there is a better man than coach (David) Cutcliffe besides my own father. He's just a great guy and I love the coaching staff out there. The guys are great, too.
"That's what I loved about USC. The campus is awesome, the coaches are great and now I just want to go and see how the players are. I feel really comfortable with both schools. They're definitely strong choices right now."
Petite said Stanford told him he could play tight end there, instead of bringing him in as an athlete, so the Cardinal cannot be counted out, either. Duke and USC look like the strongest possibilities and if he's not ready to commit after his upcoming SC trip then Northwestern could get an unofficial trip as well.