Just two days after he announced a top six, four-star Crete-Monee (Ill.) linebacker Nyles Morgan has decided the cut was premature and has re-opened his recruitment to all serious suitors.
"I don't have a top six anymore because I feel it is too early to start narrowing down schools," Morgan said on Tuesday. "I haven't taken everything int perspective. I've just now realized this and will be taking a look at all the teams that are seriously recruiting me."
The six schools that Morgan had announced as his top group on Sunday were Florida, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt, but re-opening his recruitment brings schools like Miami, Notre Dame, Oregon, and UCLA - teams he had discussed earlier in the process - back into play.
Article Continues Below
Morgan has yet to schedule official visits, though he has said repeatedly Ole Miss and Vanderbilt will be two of his destinations. A new top group is not expected from Morgan for several months.
"I will not narrow things down until after I take my officials and after the season," Morgan said.
The 6-foot-1, 222-pound Morgan has said in the past he would like to make his decision at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in early January.