Junior to Watch: Tyler Polumbus
High School: Englewood (Colo.) Cherry Creek
Position: Offensive Tackle
Size and Speed: Tyler Polumbus is 6-foot-8 and 240 pounds. "I put on 40 pounds last summer and I hope to put on 40 more before the season starts." He has a 40-yard dash time of 4.9 seconds.
Statistics: Polumbus' school didn't keep any offensive line statistics.
Honors: "I made second team all-league, second team all-state by the Rocky Mountain News and one of the Elite 11 by TV 53."
Favorite Schools: He has heard from Colorado, Oregon, Northwestern, Arizona State, Stanford and Boston College. He has a scholarship offer from Colorado.
When asked for a list of his current favorites, he named the following schools (listed in order of mention):
1. Colorado - "My dad and coach played there. It's close. It's always been my dream to play there."
2. Oregon - "It's beautiful there although I'd have to see if it rains too much. They're a top program."
3. Stanford - "It has good academics. It's warm. I like Palo Alto. My sister's at UC San Diego, so I'm familiar with the area."
4. Northwestern - "They have good academics. The coaches have sent me a few hand-written letters."
5. Arizona State - "I've been there a lot. It's warm. They have a big stadium."
"I would consider other Big 12 teams too depending on the interest they show me."
"I'm real athletic. I have quick feet, good speed and explosiveness."
He has a 3.2 GPA and will take the ACT in April.
He plans to go to the Oregon camp and the Nike camp in Boulder this summer.
Polumbus played baseball as freshman, but now only plays center and power forward on the basketball team.