Junior to Watch: Paul Oliver
High School: Marietta (Ga.) Harrison
Position: Defensive back, wide receiver and punt returner
Size and Speed: Oliver is 6-foot and 185 pounds. He runs a 4.32 second (hand held) 40-yard dash and has a vertical leap of 38 inches.
Statistics: "I had nine interceptions, three returned for touchdowns, and had 55 tackles as a defensive back. I had 28 receptions for 700 yards and nine touchdowns as a receiver. I also had four punt returns for touchdowns and averaged 20 yards per return," Oliver said.
Honors: He was AAAAA all-state as a defensive back. He was named Cobb County Defensive Player of the Year as a junior. He was first team all-county as a defensive back, wide receiver and punt returner.
Favorite Schools: He has heard from Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina, Clemson, Tennessee, LSU, Texas, Iowa, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Michigan and Colorado.
He has offers from Georgia, Auburn, LSU and Virginia so far.
When asked for a list of his current favorites, he named the following schools (listed in order of mention):
1. Georgia - "They have been recruiting me hard for the past six months. They have shown a lot of interest in me. I'm going to go to their junior day."
2. Virginia - "They're an up and coming program. They just had a good recruiting class."
3. Iowa - "They have been after me the longest."
4. Texas - "They've caught my eye. They're always one of the top teams in the country. They recruit good athletes. I like their program and their conference."
5. Michigan - "Charles Woodson is my favorite defensive back and he went there.
6. LSU - "I know players and coaches there."
7. Clemson - "I like coach Bowden."
Skinny: He wants to play defensive back in college.
His other priorities on his college choice are the ability to play early, the location and his family being able to see him play.
He has a GPA of 2.5 and scored an 860 in his first attempt at the SAT.
He wants to major in exercise science or kinesiology.
He plans to attend the April 28 Nike camp in Georgia.
He considers his physicalness, his speed and his confidence as his best attributes.
He runs the 200, 400 and relays in track.