football

Gildon still not ready

Pgzvqwwajw13lsettuoc
Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian defensive back Anthony Gildon was thought to be trying to make a final decision between Oregon and USC. He decided to take an official visit to Boise State this past weekend but this still appears to be a two horse race.
Gildon, 6-1, 185 pounds is a tremendous talent and easily one of the elite cover corners in the West. He committed to Oregon last summer but was offered a scholarship by the Trojans during the year and took an official visit two weeks ago.
Gildon said he's still up in the air concerning his decision and has no idea what he's going to do.
"I liked Boise State, it was a little cold but I had a good time there. My sister goes to school there and she really likes it up there. She has been telling me I need to look at Boise State all year and then I got interested after watching them play this season.
"I'm still pretty confused right now between Oregon and USC," Gildon said. "I really don't know when I'll be able to make my decision but I know I have to do it soon because Signing Day is coming up here pretty soon.
"With Oregon, I definitely feel a sense of loyalty to the coaches there since I gave them a commitment. I also feel a strong connection with them because they have been recruiting me for so long.
"With USC, it's two things. They have such a great football program and I know every year I was there, they would be competing for championships.
"Another thing I like about SC is how much you can do with a degree from there, especially here in Los Angeles. I know I won't live in Oregon after I'm done playing football, I'll want to move back to Southern CA and having a degree from USC will open a lot of doors.
"Right now, I still need to talk with my dad and really weigh the pros and cons of each school. We haven't done that yet but we're planning to do that pretty soon here. As soon as I know where I'm going, I'll make a commitment. That could be the end of the week or next week, I just don't know.
"I'm definitely not looking forward to having to tell these coaches that I'm not going to their school because I've developed a good relationship with each of them. It's great to have these options but it's also pretty hard on me right now and I can't wait until the process is over."
Edit