Decision moving up for Bafaro

Brett Bafaro loved everything about his official visit to Oregon last weekend, can see himself playing for the Ducks, hit it off with the coaching staff and admitted that it could be his future home.
But the Hillsboro (Ore.) Liberty four-star outside linebacker is not quite ready to commit and said he'd like to take a few more trips just to make sure.
"I've been trying to clear my head for the most part with no distractions," Bafaro said. "It's tough especially since I have some pressure to make a decision by a lot of coaches so I don't want to waste their time because I have a lot of respect for all the guys. I'm trying to make my decision as quick as I can so I'm not wasting their time.

Article Continues Below
"I visited Oregon and I'm not going to lie, I loved it there. The coaches are great. (Nick) Aliotti is a great defensive coordinator. Coach Don Pellum is a great linebackers coach and Chip Kelly is one of the best coaches in the game right now. That's my personal belief."
Bafaro, a 6-foot-2, 220-pound prospect who's rated No. 28 at outside linebacker in the 2012 class and fifth in the Oregon state rankings by Rivals.com, said there is a lot that would make sense if he committed to Oregon.
"It's the homegrown school and my grandfather played there for a couple years in college but it's a tough decision to make," Bafaro said. "I'm trying to make the right decision and I want to go on a few other official visits to make sure I'm not missing out on anything from those other schools.
"I could take one official visit and say that was awesome, I want to commit. But I can go to another school and think that's even better. I don't want that to happen. When I make my decision I want to be 100 percent clear in my mind that this is the place for me."
The four-star prospect said he could visit Washington this weekend for its Pac-12 matchup against Cal but if that doesn't work out he'll probably take an unofficial trip to Oregon State for the UCLA game.
Before Bafaro makes his decision, he definitely wants to see those two schools and that could be the determining factors in his commitment. His timetable has been pushed up but Bafaro said he won't be rushed into making his mind up.
"I'm never going to do it when I don't feel ready but I'm definitely going to try to speed up my process," Bafaro said. "I said I might wait to take a few visits later on but I'll probably try to schedule those during the season now."