Chase Hansen is still sitting with two offers and while the Highland (Utah) Lone Peak athlete is hearing from other schools he might have to wait until summer camps to get more on his list.
Washington, Stanford and Oregon have been consistently showing interest in Hansen, a 6-foot-3, 197-pound prospect who could play either quarterback or safety in college and he said Nebraska, UCLA and Washington State have started to get involved as well.
"The recruiting has gotten a little more intense I guess but not any new offers," Hansen said. "It's still BYU and Utah. Basically, I'm talking to some other people right now, going to go to some camps and see what else happens.
"I feel like there will be a few more (offers) when coaches come to the school just by how some schools have talked to me. I don't know when or how many. I'm hoping a few more come but if not I'd love to go to either one of those places I have now."
Camps will be important for Hansen so he can show coaches that he can excel on either side of the field. That versatility could help him as he continues through the recruiting process.
"I'll be doing camps either way whether it's just the two in-state camps but I'm pretty confident I'll be going out of state for some one-day camps to places like Oregon, Stanford and Washington," Hansen said.
"I think it's about position and also if they are looking for a quarterback and obviously that's not just a position that you kind of wing so for me to go to some camps and maybe show well that is pretty important."
In his junior season, Hansen threw for 1,812 yards with 14 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He rushed for 1,027 yards and 12 scores. At the recent Badger Sports 7-on-7 in Las Vegas, Hansen played only safety.
The summer should also be important because it will tell Hansen whether he's going to pick up any more offers. Because he'd like to have his decision made by the start of his senior season the next few months will play a big role in what happens and where he heads to play college football.
"I think a decision will probably come after those camps," Hansen said. "If there haven't been any other offers until that time I think I'll go ahead with the camps and if anything it's an opportunity to go to some more camps and then who knows. I'll probably be making my decision before the season."