Bafaro willing to wait things out

BEAVERTON, Ore. - Before Brett Bafaro makes any decisions the Hillsboro (Ore.) Liberty outside linebacker is waiting to see how some things play out.
The 6-foot-2, 220-pound prospect is waiting to see if Washington offers after he visits later this month. That's the first thing on his list.
"I'm hoping to get an offer after that visit," Bafaro said. "I know they were a little upset that I didn't go to their camp earlier but going up there I hope proves I want to go there. Hopefully an offer comes out of there.
"If they were to offer they'd definitely be one of my top schools. It's close to home, it's a great program and that would be great to be a part of. I like (Steve) Sarkisian, (Doug) Nussmeier, Nick Holt and I'd love to play for all those guys."
Bafaro, who's performing well here at The Opening through two days, is also waiting to see what comes of the latest Oregon scuttlebutt. The Ducks are definitely Bafaro's favorite but he doesn't want to commit yet until that situation becomes clearer.
"I know they're not in the best position now," Bafaro said. "They were my top school. I don't think that was a secret.
"I am waiting. I don't want to go somewhere where I wouldn't be able to compete for a national championship. It would be a great school to go to, a great football program, but I don't want to be punished for something I didn't do. I don't think anybody could blame me for that.
"I love the coaches up there, I love the environment, there's nothing I didn't like so if it's not that bad, if I have to pay for it my freshman and sophomore year, who cares."
The three-star prospect said he would like to call Oregon defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti to see what's happening inside the program but he's also hesitant because he'd rather just wait to see how things play out.
"I kind of want to call coach Aliotti but you never know what story they're going to tell you," Bafaro said.
"They could tell you everything is going to be fine and then next week they get their sanctions. I guess I could commit and de-commit but I don't really want to get into that. When I make my decision I want to be sure."