football

Another Pac-10 offer for Kozan

Alex kozan large1 200 10 25
Alex Kozan recently picked up his fourth offer from Arizona and the Castle Rock (Colo.) Valor Christian offensive tackle could be close to some others.
Kansas, Boise State and Arkansas are showing lots of interest in Kozan, a 6-foot-4, 280-pound prospect who already has offers from Arizona State, Colorado and Kansas State. He said his newest offer from the Wildcats will be seriously considered but he's in no rush to make a commitment.
"I don't know a lot about them but I have family connections there," Kozan said. "My dad grew up there and my grandparents are buried about a half hour outside Tucson so I'm definitely familiar with the area."
With four offers and possibly others on the way, Kozan said he doesn't want to name any favorites and is willing to sit back for a few months, take some visits and figure out which situation is best for him.
"I'd say it's a little early to name favorites," Kozan said. "I'm just trying to find the best fit. I've been making a lot of calls on the phone to the coaches, trying to check up with them once a week, trying to get a better feel for them.
"Most of the schools that have offered me I'm going to try to visit whether in the spring or summer to get a better feel for their program."
The Valor Christian standout has already visited Kansas State, Kansas and Colorado and would like to see Arizona and Arizona State this spring. Other visits could happen if more offers arrive.
Kozan said he would like to commit probably in late summer but if he's not ready to make a decision then he'll postpone things until after the season. He doesn't want his recruitment to get in the way of his senior year and be a distraction to his team.
"If I absolutely know when I'm on my visit and I'm on the campus that this is definitely the school for me even then I won't commit that day," Kozan said. "I'll probably take a couple weeks to think about it more.
"I'd say I'll probably have a decision by late summer but if it's August and I'm not 100 percent sure I'm not going to commit to a school where I'm not firm.
"If it's not during August I'm not going to commit during the season because that's not fair to my teammates and my coaches because my focus has to be on my senior year. If it's not before the season it will be right after the season."
Edit