2016 OT recaps busy month

There may not be a player in country that has had a busier June than Clark Yarbrough. The 2016 offensive tackle from Woodberry Forest (Va.) Woodberry Forest School has visited ten schools from coast to coast during the month of June.
Yarbrough's first visit was to Maryland.
"I visited Maryland and that went great," said the 6-foot-6, 257-poudn Yarbrough. "I spent half the day with Coach Powell. Most of the staff wasn't there so I didn't get a chance to meet coach Edsall. We got to take a tour of the facilities and we hopped in a golf cart and went around campus. The offensive line coach, coach Stud, was also there so I got a chance to sit down with him and really talk scheme and get a chance to figure out what we are all about. I'm going back on August 19 to see a practice when I'm on my way back to school."

Article Continues Below
After checking out the Terps Yarbrough went south for some camps and picked up some big offers.
"I spent a day at Miami because I couldn't make the camp," he said. "I spent most of my time there with coach Kehoe. It was a good time. We met with all the academic people, coach Golden and it was a good.
"I went down to Florida for camp and picked up an offer there," Yarbrough said. "I feel good about how the coaches that have seen me have offered. Coach White met my dad and me out front so I spent the first couple hours leading up to the camp with the staff. I got to sit down with coach Summers, watch some film and talk schemes. Then I did the camp and had a great time. Coach Muschamp let me know I had an offer.
"I went to Tennessee and had a great time there," he said. "I picked up an offer from them while I was there. It was great. From a football facility standpoint I think they were the most impressive. I really like my recruiting coach and position coach. Coach Jones wasn't there and I should be talking to him on the phone.
"After that I went to Vanderbilt and got an offer from them," said Yarbrough. "I had a great time there and I love coach Mason. I camped there and it went really well. I hadn't been talking to them very much but the day before the camp I called the football office and they put me on the phone with coach Gdowski and we went from there. It turned out pretty well.
"I went to the North Carolina camp," he said. "It was alright. I feel like I did pretty well but I think some of my measureables line up with what they are looking for in a tackle. I think they are looking at me more as an inside guy.
"Duke was one of my favorite visit so far," Yarbrough said. "Coach Cutcliffe is the man! The facilities were so much better than I thought they would be. That's not to say I didn't think they would be nice but when you think Duke you think basketball. Coach Cutlcliffe really has a good thing going on."
After a quick stop at home Yarbrough flew out to the west coast for Stanford's camp.
"It was a really nice campus," he said. "Stanford has their reputation for a reason. It's a great school. I did the two-day, full pads camp. It was a good camp.
"They are slow offering 2016 players," said Yarbrough. "They haven't even offered a 2016 offensive lineman I think but they said I'm pretty high up there. They want to see how I developed. They like to see me again another 20 pounds. That's look pretty much all the schools have told me.
"Coach Turner is my recruiting coach out there is the one that recruits Virginia," he said. "He's been talking to the staff about getting me an offer. I talked to him a lot and he seems like a pretty good guy. I liked our talks while I was on campus and he's very positive. He'd really like to see me get an offer."
Michigan really caught Yarbrough's attention when they offered.
"I was really excited about it," Yarbrough said. "I was blown away. I was a great visit. I had a great time and I really like the campus. Coach Funk met my family and I out front. They had a camp going on so one of the GAs took us around the campus in a golf cart. We saw the locker room and went on the field in the big house. After that I met the coaches and worked out a little bit. At the end they told me I had an offer."
"I pretty much got to talk to everyone," he said. "It was kind of cool how the entire coaching staff had watched my film and knew who I was. I spent the most time with Coach Funk and he talked with my dad."
Yarbrough will visit Rutgers on Friday.